~Momma Piñata~

Nothing prepares you for Mommahood!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Our First Week Alone

Well altough the day is not over, we've survived the week alone. It ended up being easier than I thought, and yet more difficult. Turns out Wednesday was the worst day. My panic attacks are back (its been 5 years)...I seem to be able to "control" them right now, so I'll skip the doctor part for now, but if they get worse it looks like I'll have to go to the doctor a few weeks early.

Other than that Charlotte Moon started smiling (real smiles!). She did it on Wednesday night but didn't on Thursday. But this morning she was all smiles so the sticker is up on her calendar. Charlotte Moon officially started smiling today at 3 weeks and 1 day old :)

What else is new? Well she now weighs 9 pounds! Up from 7 pounds 10 ounces 2 weeks ago!
Eric gave her her first bottle on Wednesday evening and she loved it. Thursday she got her first taste of formula (one ounce) and today she had 2 ounces of formula. Those bottles were mostly breastmilk but I've decided not to continue pumping, mostly because I don't get much out of it (ounce wise). So the decision has been made and as of Sunday (because I still have a little frozen milk) she will have one formula bottle a day (in the second morning feed) and this will be the only bottle for now. In a few weeks I'll add a second bottle. I did this a week earlier than I had planned...mostly because I'm having a hard time (not with breastfeeding...which makes me feel guilty). We'll see how it goes!

That's it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home