~Momma Piñata~

Nothing prepares you for Mommahood!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #5: "Firsts" I'm Looking Forward To, I Think....



13 "Firsts" I'm Looking Forward To, I Think....

1. First time she sleeps through the night in her room! She sleeps all night but when she cries for her pacifier I go and get her, and now I think she needs to coming into our room, midway through the night. Something I never should've started I guess!

2. First Tooth: We're already well on our way. Her teeth are coming down/up now they just need to push on through!

3. First Snowfall: She's so observant that I can't wait to see that puzzled look on her face when we go outside to everything being white!

4. First Time She Crawls: That's one of those that I'm not sure I'm excited for! I just look around and see the baby proofing that will need to be done!

5. First Time We Go Swimming: We'll take "lessons" starting in Jan when she's old enough :)

6. First Word: What will it be, what will it be?

7. First Veggie She eats: Right now all she's had is cereal, but with veggies it will be a different reaction every 3-5 days...Think of the photo opts!

8. First Steps: Another one that I hold with mixed emotions.

9. First Day Of School: Yikes! That's all I have too say about that one.

10. First Outcry For Independence: Doesn't that come around age 2?

11. First Dance: I was so excited for mine, I hope she will be too!

12. First Best Friend: Maybe it will always be the same friend, but I had a few (we moved, and changed school board, so my friends changed).

13: First Date: I wonder how DH will handle that one!

***Now don't get me wrong, I'm loving everyminute (well almost every minute) but I still like to think about the future and what that may hold for my little Moon!

For more Thursday 13 please visit: 5 Minutes For Mom

17 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    What a great list!! I loved all of the "firsts" with my boys too!! My TT is up!

    Happy Thurdsay!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Write From Karen said…

    And cherish those firsts! She will grow up so fast, especially when she's mobile!

    The first day of school *sigh* I cried my eyes out. It's a whole new ballgame from that point on.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    A great list. My girls just got their teeth. And they were sleeping thru the night before this, but I long for the day when they can take their first steps, too.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kimmy said…

    Cherish every first that you'll all experience! She'll grow up so fast. My baby just started 5th grade... and it makes me so sad!
    Happy T13! My list's up!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Ghost said…

    Wonderful list. One of the "firsts" I remember is when he first saw the fireworks on the 4th of July. We'd stopped and got some ice cream cones before driving up Johnny Creek Road to watch the fireworks at Red Hill. I remember looking back at our son in his car seat, his eyes so big and round, his mouth open, and his ice cream cone forgotten and melting in his hand as he watched all the lights in the sky. Cheers.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Nikkie said…

    Enjoy every first! They are seriously sweet! You have a great list!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Chaotic Mom said…

    Yeah! You're list reminded me of some of the happier days with the boys. Thank you for sharing these! ;)

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Fresh Mommy said…

    For the longest time my little girl would wake up 5, 10 times a night because her pacifier fell out and she wasn't able to get it on her own. Then one day she was able to reach over and grab it all by herself! Hooray! Now I throw a bunch in there and she just grabs the closest one. Of course, she also now *needs* at least three to sleep with -- one in her mouth, and one in each hand. She's addicted I tell you!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger beth said…

    Number 1, number 1, NUMBER 1! We're still actually waiting for the first word too. Seems like we should have that by now...

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    Those firsts are SO sweet! They do grow up so fast! My youngest now has a son who is a SR this year - unbelievable! Enjoy while you can.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Pass The Torch said…

    The firsts are so great, aren't they?? Thanks for stopping by my site.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Awwwwwwwwwww
    Great list...
    So many firsts to look forward to.
    Great TT
    My TT is up
    Have a wonderful Thursday!

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    oh the firsts are oh so wonderful! enjoy!
    my tt is up.

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Nathalie said…

    I hope you can see as many firsts as possible!
    Great tt! :)

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Brony said…

    Those are fabulous things to look forward to. I hope that each and every one of them is simply magical for you.

    They grow up all too quickly. Sometimes I wonder how I missed it.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home