~Momma Piñata~

Nothing prepares you for Mommahood!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Week 2



Thirteen Movies That I Could/Do Watch Over And Over Again:

They are in no particular order and they are linked to imdb.com....

1. Dirty Dancing: Something about the dancing, the music, Baby's age, and those nice strong Patrick Swayze arms. I have been watching this movie since I was 13 or 14 and I even went out and got it on DVD, eventhough I had the VHS version!

2. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days: Kate Hudson is great in this movie! The movie is so funny, and its nice to see a girl try to get a guy to breakup with her by purposely doing all the wrong things! Of course she falls for the guy. Just a great funny movie!

3. Grease: Yes more singing and dancing. And this time picture you with John Travolta! Ahhh that would be nice. I have also been watching this one since my very early teens. And I also bought this one on DVD eventhough I have it on VHS!

4. Uncle Buck: John Candy was a genius...well sort of :) I loved this movie when I was younger, and I still do! Just the sheer lack of knowledge that he has about children is hilarious! Nice to see him come around though.

5 & 6. Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Yes they're cheesey, but they were watched regularly around Christmas time in our house! I still watch them. I don't own them on DVD yet, but I will! Christmas season doesn't feel the same if I haven't watched both of these movies at least once!

7. Sweet Home Alabama: Reese tries to find the happy middle after trying to hide who she really is. A lot of people I know want to just forget and/or hide where they came from. In this movie you learn that you can't hide forever and you just need to accept it, find the middle ground, and move on with your life.

8. Lion King: Yes its Disney, yes its animated, but come on! That is a terrific movie with the same message (give or take) as the one above. You need to rise above your mistakes, accept who you really are, and move on with your life.

9. Chocolat: Other than my inner chocoholic self (which originally drew me to rent the movie), I bought it and watch it often because its...well...great. Another movie where the lead needs to make peace with her past and then move on (or stay put in this case). And the fact that there's tons of chocolate in the movie helps a little!

10. Twins: Yes the one with Danny DeVito and Arnold! I don't know why I like it, I don't know why I still watch it, but its one of the guilty pleasures that remind me of a simpler time way back when!

11. My Girl: I think this was the first movie that I read the book for first. I watched this one a lot when I was younger too, and I still watch it occasionally. It was nice to see a girl who was just as confused as I once was!

12. All Harry Potter Movies: I've read all the books more than once, I've seen every movie in theatres, and I own them all on DVD. I would officially say that I am addicted to the Harry Potter series and I can't wait for the 7th and last book, and the 5th movie to come out!

13. The 10th Kingdom: I'm not sure how to explain it. It was a mini-series on tv and is now on DVD. A girl makes her way through all the 10 kingdoms (each one is ruled by one of the ladies of fairytales, ie. snow white, etc...) The 10th kingdom is a newly discovered one (New York City)....its really cool for the ideas alone. I can't explain it, but you need to see it!

For more Thursday 13 go to: http://www.5minutesformom.com/

40 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said…

    I knew them all except the last. All good movies especially Chocolate! (grin) congrats on the new baby and coming marriage. All the best.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Tiffany said…

    Oooh, I love How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days and The Lion King. I've watched them so many times! Happy TT!

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Pass The Torch said…

    Sweet Home Alabama - totally!

    Thanks for visiting my TT - I hope you'll enter a post in the Pass the Torch contest!

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Nathalie said…

    I love those movies toooooo! And OH! The 10th kingdom is great, I love wolf :) Succulent ;)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I am TOTALLY with you on 1,3, and 12. I would also have to add Sleepless in Seattle and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Trisha said…

    Grease and Dirty Dancing- a girl after my own heart. Thanks for stopping by!!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Dariana said…

    I love #4 and #10 as well. I can also watch and HAVE Sibling Rivalry, Gone With the Wind, Forrest Gump, etc over and over and over, lol. Happy TT, thanks for visiting mine.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Momma Piñata said…

    I have to agree...Wolf is succulent ;)

    I came upon the 10th kingdom by chance...totally worth the long hours it takes to watch it!

    Thank you all ladies :)

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger mar said…

    It's hard to choose only 13 films but you have a wonderful list! didn't know about the last one, though. Happy TT :)

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Tink said…

    I haven't seen all of them, but looking at the ones I did I should. Thanks for the tips!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Dane Bramage said…

    Great list. Some of my favorites too. Thanks for stopping by my T13.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Ridzuan said…

    Hey, I think Uncle Buck's great!

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Adventures In Babywearing said…

    Ha- some guilty pleasures for me, too, on that list. Who DOESN'T love Home Alone at Christmastime??

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Momma Piñata said…

    It was harder to pick only 13...but i think i'm happy with the list

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    i might just have to spend the day watching movies! so many titles here i love too.
    thanks for visiting my tt.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kimba said…

    You forgot the most important part of Chocolat...Johnny Depp

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Dawn said…

    Great movies!

    Happy Thursday!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger benson659 said…

    I also love Dirty Dancing and Grease, I could watch them over and over :)

    My TT#3 is up!

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger The Tempest said…

    10th Kingdom sounds cool. I wonder if Netflix has it for rental.


    my tt is up too.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Happy0303 said…

    Sweet Home Alabama is one of my favorties too! I would just die if my husband took me to Tiffany's and said "Pick one."

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Janet (fondofsnape@gmail.com) said…

    hahaha how you managed to talk about Chocolat and not mention Johnny Depp, I'll NEVER know!

    I loved #11, too and of COURSE #12!!!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Southern Girl said…

    I did a list like this recently on my blog -- #1 was on mine, too!

    My TT is up!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Ardice said…

    I'm with you on the Harry Potter movies. My list is up. Have a wonderful Thursday...

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Knitting Maniac said…

    I LOVE Dirty Dancing.

    Happy TT!!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger homegirls said…

    Ok, my husband is saying TOTALLY CHIC FLICKS... but, I love each and everyone you listed... (hey... I'm a chic!)

    happy thursday! :-)

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Sweet Home Alabama is one of my all time favs. Grease is another one! Thanks for sharing. Great T13

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Momma Piñata said…

    I tried very hard not to say Chocolat is because of Johnny Depp...but its definitely one of the reasons!

    As for chick flicks...well I'm a chick ;)

    I do watch others, and some are on my top 30, but this is top 13! lol

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said…

    I have seen all of them except the last two. I haven't seen any Harry Potters or read the books. I figure I will wait a few years and then experience them with my son.

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Mama Kelly said…

    i thought we were the only ones who watched The 10th Kingdom on DVD ... i just LOVE Wolfie and the singing engagement ring

    also adore all things HP

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Trina said…

    Haven't seen #13, but I totally agree with the rest!

    My TT is Up!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger catherine james said…

    Any flick featuring John Candy is a winner in this house; sometimes my dad and I will be watching one of his films, we'll look at each other and one of us will say what we're both thinking: "It's still hard to believe he's not 'with us' anymore." Love Chocolat too!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Ghost said…

    Fantastic movie list. Have a wonderful day.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous NOLADawn said…

    I used to watch Dirty Dancing over and over and over and over..... I think I have Grease memorized, in fact I know I do ;) Great list.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Great list! I like alot of the same movies that you do :) Especially Uncle Buck. John Candy at his comedic best!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Turtles said…

    I think I've seen just about all those movies and loved them too. My favorite, favorite is Grease! I've seen it so many times, I can't remember the first time I saw it. My daughter and I love to watch the Harry Potter movies too, over and over. The 10th kingdom sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out. Can you get it at Blockbusters?

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Good list!
    My TT is up

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous MInTheGap said…

    Interesting choices. Sweet Home Alabama would have been better without the gay friend and the language.

    My TT is up!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous kristarella said…

    Good movies! I too bought Dirty Dancing on DVD. I used to watch My Girl alot when I was younger. I don't think I have it now.

    10th Kingdom sounds good. I'll have to look into it.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where did you find it? Interesting read »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home